Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

As my gift to all of the mothers (grandmothers, stand-in mother's, dad's-who-are-mothers, etc.) I will be updating today!

As I look back at the last year, I've realized that my transition into motherhood went smoother than I expected. On the one hand, I was terrified of making any mistakes. I couldn't believe that the nursing staff had let me walk out of the hospital with this precious, fragile little human being. On the other hand, I figured that all of my years taking care of children would kick in if my brain checked out, so I was golden. This ended up being mostly true, although I'm not sure how much of the auto pilot was experience and how much was instinct. As the months have simultaneously dragged and flown by, I've grown more confident as a mother and a caretaker. I don't have to analyze every cry, Mr. Munch and I have started working out our own systems, and the confidence in what I do is there full force (most of the time), but there are days when I look at my own mom in amazement and I look at my grandmothers in awe and I look at my great-grandmother with...well, reverence is the best word I can use. Those are the days when I am at the end of my rope, I don't know what to do, and I am frustrated to the point of anger, but I can look at these women in my life and say, "They can do it, I can do it too" and while I don't feel like I've been in the game long enough to take this holiday as my own, I raise my glass to every mother out there. Without them, the world would probably fall apart.

Happy Mother's Day from the Munch Family!

P.S. Don't forget to check out our new Tumblr! Mama's having fun playing around with Instagram on her phone and uploading pictures to mamamunch.tumblr.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment